Each Tympan unit comes fully tested and programmed with a basic firmware sketch so you can get started right out of the box.
Rev E Specs:
- Teensy 4.1 Processor
- 600MHz ARM with Floating Point Unit
- Arduino Compatible
- Teensy 4.1 Soldered driectly to the Tympan E
- RTC Coin Battery Included!
- Extra QSPI RAM and Flash Added!
- Low Power 32 bit TLC320AIC3206
- Sierra Wireless BC127 Bluetooth Radio Module
- Provides high-quality audio
- Concurrent BLE and Bluetooth Classic
- 2 On Board Knowles MEMS Microphones
- 3.5mm Audio jacks for external microphone and speakers/headset
- Optional Line In/Out pins broken out
- microSD card slot for audio recording and data logging
- Qwiic/STEMMA-QT connector
- Additional Pins Broken Out
- I2S bus for additional CODEC
- SPI bus
- PDM Digital Microphone Bus
- I2C bus
- LiPo battery (included) and USB charging circuitry
- Arduino IDE Compatible
We do NOT include an external microphone or headphones. Our 3.5mm jacks are compatible with standard audio devices.
Tympan is Open Source Hardware